Are you a strategic-thinking HR Manager who is eager to help an organization build and define a roadmap for the future of their people operations? We want to hear from you!
As one of BC’s largest security organization, Commissionaires BC develops and delivers progressive, dynamic, integrated security services that incorporate highly trained people and technology. We have been the trusted name in security for over 90 years.
We are a non-profit business with a mission to provide meaningful employment for people who serve or have served in the Canadian Military, Allied Forces and RCMP. We offer gainsharing to drive revenue back to our members, both veterans and non-veterans, by operating a thriving, self-sustaining enterprise.
People are the core of our business. To learn more, visit us online at www.commissionaires.bc.ca.
You are a self-motivated go-getter with high-level working knowledge of human resources, from the functional to the strategic. You are a collaborative leader with a coaching mentality, skilled in motivating and managing your team. It's not about ego for you, it's about results. You care less about being right and more about the achieving wins. You have demonstrated experience with successfully achieving results and creating impact.
You are business-minded with a strong understanding of how HR and people intimately impact the success of a business. Equal parts analytical & logical and creative & innovative, your strategic thinking ways help you succeed. You push past the status quo and aren't afraid to suggest new strategies – then make them happen. When you see problems, you create solutions. You lead by example and you aren't afraid to pitch in when there's work to be done.
- Design and deliver Human Resources programs and services related to recruitment, employee training and development, performance management, employee and labour relations, employee communication, and compensation and benefits programs.
- Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders including our Client Services Director and Managers to identify priorities, re-allocating resources to achieve results.
- Lead and manage 4-5 direct reports, including recruiting, training, coaching, developing and mentoring.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Senior Management Team, providing input into the organization’s strategic business goals, and overseeing programs that govern the workplace.
- Track, analyze and interpret data and HR-related trends to measure performance, enable forecasting, and drive results.
- Create a productive department work environment by setting priorities, assigning responsibilities and monitoring progress against goals and objectives
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate training programs that exceed industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001-2000 requirements related to your areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible positions along, including experience at a supervisory or management level, and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Advanced understanding of Employment Law, Human Rights Legislation, Privacy Law, WCB, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Previous experience with policy and process creation, particularly in the areas of talent acquisition, retention, engagement and performance management.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the ability to learn in-house programs.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary degree in management or labour relations.
- CPHR designation is considered an asset.
- Security industry experience an asset.
- Ability to travel occasionally to remote sites within British Columbia.
WHY WORK FOR US?
In addition to supporting our powerful mandate - to provide meaningful employment for people who serve or have served - you will receive a range of benefits, including:
- Generous compensation plan
- Flexible Work Hours
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Comprehensive health, medical, dental, and wellness benefits plan
- Work directly with our leadership team
- Roadmap for your growth into an executive position
- Build something new
- Professional development opportunities and educational bursaries
- Opportunities to advance within our dynamic, growing company!
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter!
Please note that the successful applicant must consent to a Criminal Background Check as a clean criminal record is a requirement and to obtain PWGSC Basic Reliability and Secret Clearance.