Do you want to build and further your career with one of Canada's fastest growing Multidisciplinary Engineering Consulting firms who has become one of the first firms to become an Accredited Employer Member in Training with APEGBC?
Who we are?
Fully integrated, multi-disciplinary firm incorporating civil engineering, urban design and planning, architectural, and surveying services. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton, our highly trained team of engineers, designers, planners, and surveyors bring quality leadership, knowledge, and experience to every project.
We are a fun and supportive team that works and plays hard. We are passionate about what we do and strongly encourage and foster personal, professional development and career progression opportunities.
Who You are:
Have the following Designation: EIT / AScT
Have the following abilities:
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
- Following the design and construction standards established in the widely adopted MMCD Standards and Specifications, and municipal Supplementaries.
- Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
- Familiarity with CCDC documents relating to Stipulated Price and Unit Price contracts.
- Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detail design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with limited construction administration experience
Required tasks include:
- Preparation of detail design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned projects.
- Designing ESC plans.
- Preparation of alternate designs as necessary.
- Interpretation of topographic information required for design.
- Site and lot grading and earthworks balancing/optimization.
- Technical analysis of the municipal infrastructure components including sewer design sheets and modelling software.
- Preparation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Preparation of reports, letters, memos and other project correspondence.
- Compilation of as-built records for design and record drawings. and
- Preparation of contract documents for project tendering and execution of the project design drawings.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Engineering Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
- Municipal infrastructure expansion and site plan design.
- Cost estimating and design approvals.
- Engineering analysis and reporting.
- Tender preparation and contract award. and
- Contract administration during the construction phase for either (or both) our land development projects and/or capital works improvements initiatives.
Please only apply if you have direct experience. This position is not a fit for Mechanical or Structural Engineers. No foreign applicants as this position requires local Canadian experience.
Upon joining Aplin & Martin, you will receive a competitive compensation package that is reflective of your skills and experience plus a wide range of benefits.
Interviews are happening now, please share with us a portfolio of your related experience, CV and/or a link to your professional profile. Please reply directly to this job posting to the attention of Shiva Ghafarzadeh.