Are you an experience Executive Services Manager with high attention to detail who constantly strives for excellence? We want to meet you!
As one of BC’s largest security organization, Commissionaires BC develops and delivers progressive, dynamic, integrated security services that incorporate highly trained people and technology. We have been the trusted name in security for over 90 years.
We are a non-profit business with a mission to provide meaningful employment for people who serve or have served in the Canadian Military, Allied Forces and RCMP. We offer gainsharing to drive revenue back to our members, both veterans and non-veterans, by operating a thriving, self-sustaining enterprise.
People are the core of our business. To learn more, visit us online at www.commissionaires.bc.ca.
You are a high energy, proactive self-starter with excellent customer service and problem-solving skills. You have a strong sense of people, understanding how to build effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. You can adapt your communication and working style to collaborate effectively with a range of personalities. You pride yourself on your business-mindedness and your ability to anticipate the needs of the people you support.
No detail is too small, no deadline is too tight. You are self-directed and resourceful with a keen understanding of when to ask for information and when to just find the answer. When you identify problems, you take the initiative to find and create solutions. Whether it's stocking up the bar cart for a meeting or coordinating the menu details for an event, you embrace excellence. You appreciate the value of presentation and taking the extra step to create a remarkable experience.
- Provide administrative support to Board of Directors and the Leadership Team, including managing correspondence, calendars, and travel.
- Accountable for the overall organization and coordination of Leadership administrative duties for the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain the Constitution, Bylaws, Regulations and Policy documents to ensure they are up-to-date, sharing amendments with members and the BC Registry when changes are approved.
- Accountable for the maintenance of corporate Historical Records.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders, including corporate lawyers, accountants, foundation partners, Honorary Governors, and more.
- Plan and execute corporate events by arranging venues, menu planning, etc. within a specified budget, including but not limited to: Annual Governors and Guests Dinner, Annual Awards Dinner, Annual Information Meetings etc.
- Support the Board of Directors and, CEO and Senior Leadership Team by preparing correspondence, organizing and setting up for board meetings, preparing Leadership documents and recording minutes and records of decision of formal meetings.
- Experience in a professional environment, including directly supporting senior leaders.
- Proven skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships, both internally and externally.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication, verbal and written, with the ability to edit and eye for presentation.
- Ability to think strategically, act tactically and demonstrate good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and proactively anticipate senior leaders' needs over time.
- Excellent computer skills, with previous experience working with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order considered an asset
- Working knowledge of: the Privacy Act, the Societies Act (as it pertains to Not For Profit Societies and associated Regulations; Business Corporations Act and associated Regulations; Charities Act and associated Regulations.
WHY WORK FOR US?
In addition to supporting a powerful mandate to provide meaningful employment for people who serve or have served, some of the benefits you will receive include:
- Generous compensation plan
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Comprehensive health, medical, dental, and wellness benefits plan
- Work directly with our Board of Directors and Leadership Team
- Roadmap for your growth into an executive position
- Build something new
- Professional development opportunities and educational bursaries
- Opportunities to advance within our dynamic, growing company!
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter!
Please note that the successful applicant must consent to a Criminal Background Check as a clean criminal record is a requirement and to obtain PWGSC Basic Reliability and Secret Clearance.